January 2019 News
New Year’s resolution to get fit in 2019?
To find out what is available in the local area from as little as £20.00 a month or £1.00 a class, click on this link https://www.placesleisure.org
Changes to Prescriptions
Central Surgery is committed to reducing medication waste and work by Kingston CCG’s Medication Formulary. This means that medications that may have been previously prescribed may be stopped at anytime and your GP will replace this with an alternative. If you still want to use an item that has been stopped you may still be able to buy it over the pharmacy counter.
Cannot Attend your Appointment
We now have a policy to text reminders to patients 7 days, 2 days and 1 day before their appointment. If you cannot attend please text back CANCEL so that the appointment can be given to someone else. For patients who do not have a mobile phone, please telephone the surgery, select option 2 and leave a message as instructed. We will be contacting patients who missed their appointment and didn’t inform us. This action is in an endeavour to reduce wasted appointments and have more appointments available for our patients.
We still have Flu Vaccines in stock
You are eligible for a FREE flu vaccine if you are:
- are 65 years of age or over
- have certain medical conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Front-line health and social care workers are also eligible to receive the flu vaccine. However, it is your employer's responsibility to arrange and pay for this vaccine.
Should you be eligible for your FREE flu vaccine, please call us on 020 8399 6622 or come into our Reception to book an appointment. You can also walk in on any day we are open for a vaccine between 7.30 - 10.45 am.
Are you eligible for a Shingles vaccination?
NHS Public Health offer free shingles vaccinations to patients aged 70, 78, 79 or born after 1st September 1942. Please call reception to book an appointment with a nurse if you fulfill this criteria.